Sunday, September 11, 2005

Life is Short -- Make sure you tell someone you love them today!

Originally I had started to write today's blog entry about Astral Projection, but then a comment was made at "The Blog Explosion" about someone wanting to give their sister away because she was a pain in the neck. I'm sure it was meant to be a joke, but I have to speak out on this subject!

Life is short...make sure you tell someone you love them today!

As I get older, I realize how short life really is. Don't let a day go by without saying "I love you", to someone special in your life. You never know when the last time you will see that person may be.A few years ago I lost my Mom, and just recently my sister Joan passed away at the young age of fifty.

Fortunately, I had time to tell both of them how much I loved them. I only regret that I did not get closer to my sister. After she died I discovered how much I really did not know about her. What a wonderful, loving person she really was. You can read a tribute to Joan at:http://www.mmarinaro.com/html/joanellen.html

When we were young my sisters and I had our share of disagreements, yes even squabbles and fights! However, we were always pretty close to each other. As we got older, life kind of got in the way and we all went in different directions. We lost touch with one another over the years but eventually got back together again in later life.

The sad part is there were many things we did not know about each other's life because of the time we spent apart. So I am saying to you now -- get to really know your sisters and brothers -- share their lives, tell them you love them! Life is way too short, live it to it's fullest. Today, make sure you tell someone that you love them.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to get into a routine and sort of forget about those people who are important to you, though you don't see them much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home