Sunday, September 25, 2005

War in Iraq

Saturday in Washington, D.C., more than 100,000 people gathered to speak out against the war in Iraq. There were familiar faces such as the Rev. Jesse Jackson, Joan Baez, and Cindy Sheehan. President Bush was not around to hear their protests; he spent the day in Colorado and Texas monitoring hurricane recovery.

I am a Veteran and served in Vietnam so all of this protesting brings back bad memories for me! I lost many friends in Vietnam and it really hurts to see people protesting the war. Death is a part of war, and we fight the enemy abroad so we will not have to fight them here at home! Have we forgotten 911?

I am proud to be an American, I am glad that I served in the military and fought for our country. I respect our leader, President George W. Bush and I belief we should be in Iraq.

I say this to all the thousands of protesters, “Get a clue people, don’t you have anything better to do than protest?” What if Instead of wasting time and money going to Washington if every one of those 100,000 plus people gave $1.00 to hurricane relief, now that would make a difference.

I know this a controversial subject, so I look forward to receiving many comments to this article.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The right to protest has a rich and important tradition in America and it is a right that should be protected and respected.

Just because you disagree with the protesters' message doesn't mean that those people don't have the right to voice their concerns and send a message to the rest of the American citizenry. The protest included many veterans of the Vietnam, Desert Storm, and Iraqi conflicts. Those men and women served their country with honor, as you did, and now they wish to voice their displeasure with an administration that they feel has been less than honest about the justification for war and the "progress" being made there. They earned that right, and just because you served that doesn't mean you can take that away from them.

Every time someone gets disgusted with the protesters, they degrade this country and the ideals it was built upon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home