Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year's Resolution

I have only one thing to say about New Year's Resolutions. I am not making any this year! That's it... period! Every year it's the same old thing, everybody makes a big list of impossible resolutions. Most of the things on the list never get accomplished...so what's the use?

Instead of a usless list of impossible resolutions I will just promise myself one thing this year. I will try my best to be a better person each and every day. This means I will smile more, take time to stop and smell the roses, be more loving to my wife and family and strive to be a better Christian in my daily life.

Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? Not really, old habits are hard to break and you know the devil will be throwing road blocks in my path. However, I realize that God will give me the strength to overcome these obstacles and will show me the way around the roadblocks.

Pslams 54:7 "For he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes."

OK, so maybe that is a New Year's Resolution after all? At least it's not a long list of promises I know I can't keep. Do yourself a favor this year, make your resolutions reasonable. Set goals that you can accomplish, you will feel much better about yourself.

I wish you a Happy and Blessed New Year.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger COxford said...

Mike,

I read one of your older blog entries about traffic exchanges then I realized that it was from December.

There is one going on now for link exchanges if your are interested. I have linked to several blogs through it.

You can check it out through my blog. The main exchange is listed on my side panel as The Bestest Blog......

Just thought that you might be interested.

C. Oxford
Another NC resident

 

Post a Comment

<< Home